miércoles, 14 de julio de 2010

Our Wedding Day

Oh, I wish this day had been different. I should have been up on cloud n°nine all week and instead, I was heartbroken. My husband's step dad had passed away two days before our wedding leaving us all in shock as it all happened so suddenly.
We got out of bed very early that day. I washed my hair and went to have breakfast. My stomach went up and down all the way through breakfast. Mr k and I made love the night before and I fell asleep in his arms and that was the safestest I felt by then. I only I could take his arms around me everywhere I go, I thought.
Once we finished breakfast Mr K drove his daughter and I to the hairdressers (and it was pouring down of course) whilst he and the boys went to Gretna Registration office to pick up our marriage schedule to hand in the pastor before the wedding.
The girl at Derek Laing in Lockerbie, was FABULOUS!!! She did a great job (hope I don't get in trouble for mentioning the name of the place, but it was just fantastic) and it was so wasy to find.
Anyway, we got our hairs done and Mr k picked us up and we headed back to the hotel. The boys got ready in the kids room and the girls got ready in my room. So his daughter and I went to get our makeups done and I put on my dress. Now, by this moment I was thinkingof my mum and the fact that she couldn't be there with me, and God, did I need my mum then!!
The flowers came in and we were ready to go. The limo was waiting for us at the door of the hotel to take us to the Anvil Hall.
aaahhhh the Anvil hall, the most beautiful wedding setting I could have imagined. So fairytale like. I'm sure that's how Cinderella must have felt when she married her prince. I remember I felt my chest was about to explode and couldn't stop smiling, all the way through.
When we said our vows I took a moment to think of what I was saying and so I really meant every word I said. Then we had our pictures taken in and out of the place. Oh! and we even had a Scottish Piper to walk with me to the altar. My husband's youngest son gave me away and it was all so sweet as he even had to say "I do" when the pastor asked him who was giving me in marriage. I still go aaawwww when I think of that.
Anyway, Mr K and I spent some time together in our room when we got to the hotel and had some pictures taken. I had some wine and he had a few beers. Then, back to baby sitting. I didn't mind having the kids with us though, it's just that sharing my husband is so not what I expected to have to do on my wedding day. I know I'm gonna have to share him for the rest of my life and so I only wanted that day to be for us, just us. I should have said yes, when he asked me to go to Gretna together, just the two of us, but I thought it would have been so selfish not to invite his parents, and then he thought of the children and I couldn't say no. An that was our wedding day.
The next morning we had breakfast, left the hotel to go to Gretna Registration Office and to pick up our wedding album from the Gretna Wedding Bureau, who by the way, were also fantastic and their service was really good. I recommend it totally. And then, back to dropping the kids back to the lake district as they were spending a few days up at the caravan and we headed back to Manchester. Back to tears and lots of I'm sorry cards. I'm still so sad that things had to be that way. I don't think I will ever be able to get over that. Especially when I think of our wedding anniversaries. They will always come after the day when my father-in-law passed away and the day my mother-in-law's life changed forever. I'm so sorry for her. I really am, I really miss him, as he was such a lovely man, and life will never be the same for any of us. Rest in peace, G. We will never forget you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario